- Fri, Sep 02Epsilon SpiresDanish artist Kristoffer Ørum combines augmented reality, 3D printing, video, wireless transmissions and sculpture to summon forth everyday beasts from the cracks between the real and the imagined, reconsidering the relationship between nature and culture.
- Wed, Oct 12Epsilon SpiresAn Epic Multi-Course Feast paired with a documentary about Regenerative Agriculture! In Partnership with Grateful Greens and Forage & Flourish, this celebration for the senses offers locally-sourced cuisine inspired by: KISS THE GROUND, the film screening in our Sanctuary after the dinner!
- Fri, Oct 21Epsilon SpiresA premeire of original video art by Daniel James Cashman inspired by the erotic early anime masterpiece BELLADONNA OF SADNESS (1974) set to a live ambient musical score of exploratory soundscapes conceptually departing from the smooth soulful sounds of SADE.
- Sat, Oct 22Epsilon SpiresThs Halloween season, celebrate the Centennial of Nosferatu (1922) by experiencing F.W. Murnau’s iconic horror masterpiece in our haunted Sanctuary with a mesmerizing live soundtrack performed on the 1916 Estey Pipe Organ by Dennis James, one of the nation’s leading silent film accompanists!
- Mon, Oct 31Epsilon SpiresA rarely-seen silent horror film that still continues to shock, Häxan turns 100 years old on Halloween! Originally banned in the U.S. this legendary Swedish masterpiece offers a mesmerizing investigation into the fear of the unknown, a terrifying (yet enlightening) cinema-concert experience!
- Wed, Nov 02Epsilon SpiresThe Vermont Chapter of the American Guild of Organists named Mark Howe Artist of the Year for 2013-14. In Vermont, he has performed as organ soloist with the Lake Champlain Chamber Music Festival and the Vermont Symphony Orchestra, and has given lecture-recitals at UVM.
- Fri, Nov 04Epsilon SpiresCharlemagne Palestine is an influental multimedia artist who challenges expectations, his sparse, ritualistic performances nod towards a spectrum of ceremonial music styles. MV Carbon explores the interrelationship between sound, image, and space... weaving lucid dreams into tangibility.
- Wed, Oct 05Epsilon SpiresCarson Cooman is an American composer and organist. He holds degrees in music from Harvard University and Carnegie Mellon and is currently the Composer in Residence at the Memorial Church, Harvard University. As an organ recitalist, Cooman specializes in the performance of contemporary music.
- Mon, Oct 03Epsilon SpiresNOVEMBER 8th is Voting Day! Here is an opportunity to engage with potential Representatives of Windham County. Confirmed are: Wendy Harrison, Nader Hashim, Rick Morton, Tim Wessel. Refreshments provided! If you have questions for the candidates please email them in advance to: email@example.com.
Video by Maralie Armstrong
Photo by Kristopher Radder
The belfry contains the permanent installation of the Weather Warlock drone synthesizer
Video by Maralie Armstrong
The Sanctuary was built in a similar fashion to a European opera house allowing for incredible acoustics and visceral sonic resonance. The versatile stage area has comfortably accommodated chamber orchestras, full-scale opera productions, and dozens of choral singers. The Estey pipe organ has been regularly maintained since installation in 1906 and is in perfect working order for performances ranging from classical to avant-garde. Ornately carved antique pews on 3 levels provide a seating capacity of 425. The venue also features a retractable cinema screen and projection capability.
ART + SCIENCE
Epsilon Spires hosts a multimedia art gallery on the top balcony of the Sanctuary with a curatorial focus on interactive installations that merge art and science to investigate the political implications of perception and subjectivity.