Sun, Mar 01|
Mayoral Proposal vs Select Board Governance
3pm, Sunday: A Public Forum will be held in our Sanctuary to discuss the topic of Mayoral Proposal vs Select Board Governance for Brattleboro.
Time & Location
Mar 01, 2020, 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM
Epsilon Spires, 190 Main St, Brattleboro, VT 05301, USA
About the Event
On March 3, voters will be asked to vote Yes or No to this proposal: "Shall the voters of the Town of Brattleboro advise the Select Board to amend the Brattleboro Town Charter to replace the Select Board form of governance with that of a mayoral form of governance?"
This public forum will consist of a facilitated panel of speakers, who have a variety of perspectives and knowledge on the topic. There will be opportunities to ask questions of the panel and time afterwards for people to mingle & enjoy locally-sourced refreshments.
Panelists include David Gartenstein, former Select Board Chairman for Brattleboro; Spoon Agave, expert on Brattleboro democratic functions including service on Select and other Boards, and Chair of the last Town Charter Review Commission; Marshall Wheelock, native Brattleboroian and long time Town Meeting member.
- Brattleboro weighs replacing appointed manager with elected mayor by Kevin O'Connor
- Just Say No to a Mayor in Brattleboro by Wendy Levy
- Video interview with Doug DeGray and Dan Yates advocating for new mayoral system
- Brattleboro Would Not Be Well Served by a Mayoral System by David Gartenstein
- Why I Will Vote `No' on Mayoral Question by Daniel Quipp